Friday, August 31, 2012

We are home!

***Thankyou so much for following our journey.***

We survived our long journey back and are home with our wonderful wee family.

The tiredness caught up to us on the flight back from Auckland to CHCH. We both easily fell asleep. I am quite a light sleeper so was kind of half-concious. I thought it was night time and that we were back in the LA - AK plane, which therefore meant that the thing next to me was the planes wall. Naturally, I snuggled into it, trying to get comfy.

Ten minutes later, my eyes burst open as I realised...I was not on the LA- AK flight. \

I was sitting on the opposite side of the plane.

In the middle chair.

Chad was to my right.

And to my left was NOT a wall.

I subtly sneaked a look; yep there was my fellow passenger- an overweight teenager from America, whom I had mistaken for a wall and snuggled up against!!! He was looking rather uncomfortable and wouldn't meet my eye. Thankgod I was too tired to be embarassed. Chad found it hilarious of course ;-)

When we arrived to the bitter cold of CHCH, we excitedly looked for the girls as we exited. Through the second doorway, I spotted them straight away.

There was Baby Belle, wrapped up in a fluffy jacket, being held by Debs (who didn't look too worse for wear) and there was my angel Charli. When she saw us she yelled out "Yippee! Mum and Dad!" over and over, with her wee chubby arms held high in the air, jumping for joy. I tried taking a picture of it as it was so cute and I wanted to remember that moment forever, but instead I ditched the camera, and my bag, and raced up to scoop her in my arms.

Pure happiness :-)

Little Miss was a bit more hard to get. She smiled at Chad but wouldn't meet my eye. I held her and she still wouldn't look so I thought we'd just give her some more time. She went back to Debs and fell asleep. Wasn't til we got home and she had had a nap that she then started smiling at us both. I think she was too tired, because when she had slept she was super excited to see us! Every time I come in the room she flaps her arms in excitement xoxo

It was presents all round, then Chad and I caught a nap while Debs was still here. We checked in with the folks at PMH, and agreed I could be at home for this weekend, and now here we are, it's 7.40pm local time and I am ready for bed!!!

Next to me I hear the soft breaths of Baby Belle as she sleeps soundly in her cot, and down the hall I hear Charli-Rose's unlady like (but super cute) snores.

Heaven.



For my regular readers, I will see you back on http://myheavenandhell-myjourney.blogspot.com (send me a message if you are new)

Everyone else, thanks so much. I hope you have enjoyed seeing our pictures, reading out stories, and I really hope it inspires you to open your mind, hold onto your dreams and BELIEVE xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment