Friday, August 24, 2012

Rest of Day 3- Santa Monica

(Mealz' version)

We started the day early and were definitely starting to feel it. Loved the museum, especially the Marilyn Munroe stuff. Never really heard much about her before and it was super interesting.

The diner was fantastic! I was warned about American food but we haven't really found we've been given crazy big sizes, though it helps that we were warned about it so we just order little bits. I did get given an entire punnet of strawberries with my waffle which was pretty impressive though! I was in heaven when I found the $5 cocktail menu. Seriously did NOT want to leave. Til I realised how strong they were...half of this drink and I was wasted. I have never met a drink that could beat me before!


We shall meet again, oh strong one...

On the way back, I looked up and what-do-ya-know, perfect sight of the Hollywood sign-no drive to the top of the park needed!

Off we went to Santa Monica. It's lovely, much cleaner and more relaxed than Hollywood.

I had another 'moment' when I reached the spot on the beach that I looked at, almost a year ago, and wondered if I'd ever get there. Well, I did...and it's beautiful :-)




Had a great time on the Pier, found another Carousel, a roller coaster, and the huge Ferris wheel that they always show on Private Practice. We went on it at night- so romantic :-)

Shopping was excellent as well- I found Cinderella shoes!!!

And yea, we did get very lost on the way back. And upset. Chad says it's all part of the experience. It's one I'd rather skip! Freakin' frightening.

We were VERY glad to get back to the motel. It was another really nice one. About midnight we were awoken by the room filling with light and loud music. Chad went to investigate and found a band playing on a truck that had pulled up outside- gosh this place is random!

I'd day Santa Monica is a much nicer place to stay if you are a family, if you love the beach, or want a more relaxed paced holiday.

Bring on San Fran tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment